Wednesday, October 5, 2011

LPTHW - Exercise 50

In this exercise we will make a web application from the Gothons game, which we made in exercise 46. To simplify the process of making a web application, we need a we need a web framework. For this exercise we will use lpthw.web, which is the same as the webpy framework.

I installed the web framework thus
pip install lpthw.web

Then I created a project for the web application by creating a directory in my projects directory:
ex50
/bin
app.py
/docs
/gothonweb
__init__.py
/templates
__init__.py
/tests

I just copied the code provided in LPTHW in app.py

I ran the webserver with 'python bin/app.py' and successfully loaded the url http://localhost:8080

However, I realized that lpthw.web was not installed in my virtualenv as I would have expected it to be. It was actually installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/ This seems strange and incorrect to me. I am not quite sure what went wrong, so I asked a question on StackOverflow.

The code for this exercise is embedded below:

1 comment:

  1. Hi what is the password of lpthw.web
    it keeps telling me try again

    ReplyDelete